Organizations & Classes
The Center provides an excellent environment in which to develop one's interest in the arts - music, theater, art, dance and performance. The Center offers opportunities for all ages. Information on any of the Cultural Arts Programs is available by calling 1.313.943.2354.
**Registration is required for all programs listed.THEATER
- Dearborn Youth Theatre (DYT) consists of two sessions during the school year. Session 1 begins in September and ends in December; Session 2 begins in January and ends in April with a major production.
- Dearborn Family Theatre (DFT) meets from late October through mid-January. Open auditions are announced in late fall. DFT is open to performers of all ages.
- Dearborn Youth Symphony (DYS) holds open auditions in August and early September for its Symphonic and Concert Orchestras. Young musicians with two or more years playing experience are eligible. Rehearsals are held on Monday evenings, September through December; January through May at the Center. Four performances are given each year.
- Dearborn Community Chorus (DCC) is open to anyone, 16 or older, who loves to sing. The 80 + group was founded more than 25 years ago and performs a variety of music from classical to show tunes. Two major performances are planned each year. Rehearsals are held on Tuesday evenings, September through May.
- Vanguard Voices & Brass holds auditions for singers in late summer/early fall. The group's repertoire includes classical and traditional music. Three to four concerts annually are performed.
Please see the upcoming events below.
INFORMATION ON ALL THESE CLASSES IS AVAILABLE BY CALLING 1.313.943.2354.
Dearborn Youth Symphony
|Dearborn Youth Symphony Spring Concert
|Sun, March 9, 2014
|Dearborn Youth Symphony Season Finale
|Sun, May 4, 2014
See past events
Dearborn Community Chorus Spring Concert "From Sea to Shining Sea".